Heroes war

Heroes war

Thứ Tư, 20 tháng 5, 2015

Vol 1 Chap 8

- Welcome to the Magic Academy of Nottingham. My name is Folas. How may I help you, lady?
- My name is Rina. I am looking for a teacher who can help me in magic combat.
- You have come to the right place. You can go upstairs to the 3rd floor then turn right get to the room at the end of the floor ask for teacher Selphie. She teach magic combat. Also, tell her to return my book. She is an air head when it come to anything that not magic.
- Thanks you for your help.

- Wait a second. I have something here that should be deliver to her but I am too busy to get up there so could you help me, please?
- I will.
- Good here is the stuff
The man gave Rina a small box and then get back to his work. Certainly a workaholic. Find out that he have nothing else to give her, Rina turn around and head to the stairs case.


3rd floor.
*knock * knock*
No answer
*knock * knock*
Still no answer
*knock * knock*

The door suddenly burst open hit Rina right in the face and she was out cold on the floor. A woman with silver colored hair ,blue eyes, a beautiful face, and a slender body with good curves and a decent chest, pale white skin step out of the room and shout.
- Stop knock at the door and get your ass in already. The damn door is open the whole time.

Receive no answer she kick Rina a little but find out the girl was out cold and it's likely because of her. With a little guilt on her face she look around to make sure no one see what happened then drag the girl inside her room as fast as she can.(MURDERER STYLE LOL)

************

- Thrust your spear forward over the shield damn it, why it so hard for you strangers. Only use underhand grip if you are out of the formation. 
- I am not used to it, master.
- Of course it's hard. If it's easy then this place will have tons of strangers running around. Opps, right there, stop, you have to remember that due to the nature of our equipment the formation drift to the right side. It's not gonna be nice for those on the left of the formation if you keep swing the shield like that. The left side of your shield protect right side of the men on your left.
- Yes, master.
- Okay, I will take you to a place to train your habit of using the spear later. Now go to the blacksmith ask for a man name Hypatius. Tell him I send you for the training armor. And take this before you go, it's a city map. This city is small but the blacksmith is in a corner so it's hard to find it without a map.
- Thank you, master, I will go now.
- Hey hey, who said that you can drop the weapons and shield, run to the blacksmith with them on and wear the armor then run back here full equip.
- ...

That's not easy as it sound, The Aspis alone is about 8kg plus the spear about 2.5 kg with the sword about 0.8 kg is already quite heavy not mention the armor. With my current stats of Strength and Stamina it will be hard for me to move around with full equipment. But looking at the ole man's eyes I can see that he meant it, not just joking around and I pick up weapons and shield, run to the gate and follow the map direction to get to the blacksmith.

Unlike any games that I played in the past. The blacksmith in Greeco isn't just where you forge weapon and armor, they also have a huge sector for machine which made by both wooden and metal parts. We can also see many others craftsman here too. Most of the machine are for construction but they have a limit access area that only produce war machines too. I don't have the right to access such place yet as I still rank trainee which is not even the lowest rank in Greeco land.

I approached two guard and ask them.
- Mister I am looking for someone.
- Who could that be, kid?
- Can you tell me where is Hypatius, I have some business with him.

Hearing the name the guard change his manner.
- What business could you have with the head of the craftsman ? Don't lie to me, he haven't leave this place for days and I've never seen you before.
- But ...
- What is going on here ?

A middle age man appear in the back of the guards and head toward them while asking.

- Sir, this kid said he have some business with you.
- Huh, I don't think I know you kid. Are you sure you have not got a wrong name?
- My master tell me to ask you for my training armor.
- ... and who could your master be?
- An old man name Phalces in training center.
- You should have say so earlier. But this is a problem, I have completely forgot about the training armor that he asked for you. but I think you can use one of my experiment armor. They are a little heavier than the one he asked but it should be fine. 

He led me into a room that full of armor and start equip me with a lot of armor part that make me suffocated under it. And it's really heavy which make me drag on my feet.


Once he done with "decorate" me he step back and look at me as if I am a piece of his work.
- It's not bad on you but you don't have enough strength to wear it in battle. Well, it's gonna serve well as a training armor so here you go. You can get back to Phalces now. 
You better hurry because I doubt you can be there before late afternoon given how slow you look like in this full armor. The total weight of the armor is about 30kg so good luck.
- Thank you, mister

When I answer him I found out that it's is hard to even breath in this armor, god please help me.

As I go past the guards they can't hold their laughter back while looking how much I suffer.
- God, oh boy, Phalces sure make him a superman or a dead man at this rate. But once you get to Hoplite rank the training in full armor is normal so if you can pull it off now, you can stand side by side with us in battle sooner. Good luck with your training.

I don't even have enough strength to answer him so I just nod my head which maybe look stupid in this full helmet that cause both guards to laugh even louder. Then he wave his hand signal me to get away. Not like I don't want to but I am freaking slow in this armor.

On my way back I see Photius with his men who look really strong are talking to each others in street, he notice me and point at me.
- Hey guys look at this turtle it's gonna be our opponent in the next mock combat.
- Ha ha ha (The others guys laughing)  
- Oi stupid stranger, tell my bro that he will need to field an army of turtle to stop me from being the next governor

As I don't even have strength to reply back to his provocation I choose to ignore him and press forward to the training center. It is like a road that took me forever to done. As soon as I reach the training center I stop and put off my helmet to breath. Phalces look at me with hís eyes wide open but didn't say anything until my got my breath back.

- Let me guess that bastard forgot my request and throw you this whole armor right?
- Yes..huf.. he forgot.. huf huf
- Well it's still good to go, normally this is armor training for those already reach Hoplite rank but since we want to speed up the training I guess do it in extreme style is a good idea.
From now on you have to wear the armor everytime, everywhere until the training end. Get used to it. Today that's is it, now wear the helmet and get back to my house. I still have a few things that I need to take care of here.
- Yes, master.. huf
Seeing me still stand there try to recover, the old man shout.
- What the hell you are waiting for, get moving.

As ordered I get back to the road and press forward again. Full armor training is hell, normally people never wear this much armor because two reason, first is it slow you down too much and the second is it cost a lot. But right now I have to endure, if I success here I will secure a part of my future. Sometimes a few players see me and laugh, they all wearing light armor and arm with bow or simple the shield and sword . It's clearly that they are mercenary that work for a caravan as their equipment is Heaven Kingdom style not Greeco one. Trading is not a strong point of land city like Minos, port cities are doing much better but it's still develop. Thus the caravan from Heaven Kingdom sometimes do pass through Minos if they go on foot.

After reach the old man house I get into my room and throw myself onto the bed. It's a tiring day and I just want to go sleep. I don't even care about the book that I didn't read any more. I am dead tired and I want sleep. That's what my body are screaming at me and I wholeheartedly agree with it. As soon as I close my eyes, I am immediately fall asleep.

************

Phalces's POV

I saw the kid get back in a freaking full body armor that not suppose to be the one I ask for. Even those are elite of the army won't wear that much armor. I am pretty sure that idiot Hypatius forgot my request and throw that armor in as replacement because he can't do anything else in time. He owned me another favor now.

But to my surprise is the kid. He actually manage to get back here in this stupid armor in middle of afternoon. He must have good willpower to move in this condition. Well then may be I can push him a little more. I don't have to worry about him too much as he is a stranger anyway.

I  need to prepare for tomorrow training so I ordered him go back alone then I bring bunches of javelin back home with me.
It's funny that once I get back home I can clearly hear the snoring sound come from his room.
- Well, he must be exhausted by now, I better let him rest so his body can get use to the armor.

I get in the kitchen and made the dinner after I am done I get him wake up and eat his fill. Once he is done I ask him how he like the books and he told me he already done 2 books and only have the one about Camping and Logistic left. I guess I underestimated his brain a little.

- Well tomorrow I will take you to the small stream outside the city in the wood. It's will be a 3 days training camp for you. Once we are done you will be able to obtain the rank Hoplite. To get to Dekadarchos you will need real battle experience to raise you tactic and formation understanding. I can assign you in to an expedition right after the training done if you want.
- Master, I will be away 2 days after we get to the stream and each day in training camp I will disappear for 2 days.
- So you have problem you need to take care in your world huh? I can understand that, most stranger always disappear a few days then return so we already know about that. It make our trip become 2 week then. How about the expedition ? will you join?
- I will for sure. I plan to advance in military rank anyway.
- Okay I will arrange an expedition after training so you can join it right after that. But you should try to stay in this world as much as possible during the expedition because no army like a soldier that rarely appear.
- It's possible since I don't have things I need to take care of in my world after the training done.
- Sound suspicious, Is that the truth or you just get lazy and want to avoid my training, kid?
- No, no, I would never do that.
- Then go sleep we need to go early tomorrow.
- Yes, sir.

Well the kid sometimes use strange word but those stranger are known to be people of another world so I ignore such word and go to bed too. I planed to train him in another style in this camp too. That style isn't popular in Minos but it was my style back when I served in the army, the kid have quality and once he complete this training I am confident that if he get to Athens he will have no trouble to join my old corp at all.

This training camp will open up the future of the young lad.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Followers

Follow The Author