Heroes war

Heroes war

Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 6, 2015

Vol 1 Chap 11

- First unit CHARGE!

Following the commander order, the first unit that contain about 400 heavy infantry troops charge toward the goblin lair's entrance. The whole expedition force was divided into 3 units each have about 400 troops to attack the goblin lair. While the first unit's mission is to attack the entrance and block any goblin from come out the second and the third unit's job is clear out any goblin outside the lair to prevent a stab on the back of us and then return to make a combine attack. The commander decide to use the manpower and the superior of  the force to the fullest and hopefully we can crush the goblin army.



I was thrown into the third unit which actually have only about 300 troops and 20 of ours are transfer over from the peltast unit. He not even try to hide his hate toward peltast in commanding. Well commander that allowed personal's felling interfere with his job won't advance far anyway. He even go as far as order our unit scatter into the forest to find and kill the goblins around the lair while keep the second unit in reserve. Without any information about the enemies his order is pretty much a death order for my unit but since most of the unit are heavy infantries, they didn't question the commander's order at all as the commander lead them to victory yesterday.

300 men was divided into 30 group of 10 and move into the forest. It doesn't more than 15 minutes for them hear some screaming come out of the forest. Quite obvious that the goblin lay in ambush but instead of rushing toward the sources of the scream I stop my group and ask them proceed with caution. If they just run straight to the target, the next one laying dead on the ground will be them.

- Sure, I am sorry I was a little hot head, I almost rush to my death if you didn't warn me.
- No need to be sorry, I am worry about those guys too but we won't be any help if we also fall to an ambush or even traps.
- Okay, I've heard about you from my brother, he was in peltast unit yesterday, he told me that it was you who command the peltast to retreat while they were caught in melee.
- Don't even mention that, it's a shame for me, 70% of peltast were dead.
- You are not even an officer, no need to blame yourself, it's actually pretty good considered that you open up the goblin flank for the heavy infantry to charge in. Aghh where is my manner, sorry to forgot introduce myself. My name is Cleon.
- My name is Eumenes.
- Good then we should go now Eumenes, I am really worry that it might be my brother's group.
- Fine then, but please keep calm.
- Okay, okay, I got it already.

As they proceed slowly it caught their ears that some goblins chatting in distance.
- No human run here at all.
- Chef never wrong before.
- But we lost yesterday.
- Chef not good, we died.

That's about 20 goblins that forming a circle. The goblin in Eternal Glory are known to be stupid and forgetful so it appear that they somehow too occupied with chit chat and forget that they have to ambush those who rush to the rescue of the first group.
Knowing that this is a golden opportunity to kill those goblin in a sudden attack, I turn around and signal  Cleon. It seem that he also think the same as me and he nod with understanding then signal the rest of the group to surround the goblin. It's a little too dangerous to be honest since they are double our number but we have no choice since they can attack our back if we ignore them and go to the rescue.

Once everyone of us in position Cleon let out a roar and start his charge with all of us attack at the same time.

- Human!
- They are here.
- We are surrounded.
- We are so dead.

A bigger goblin that look like their boss scream out of his lung
- Idiots get ready, they are only few, we can still fight.

Well not all goblin are stupid, sometimes a few smarter ones are borned and they often taken the command of the groups, the smartest taken command of the tribe. Occasionally the Chieftain can be a Hog-goblin that look similar to human at are of 15 but much stronger. They can be as smart as a human too so it could be dangerous when facing such goblin tribe that have a Hog-goblin chieftain.

Realize that the big goblin are calming down the rest of the goblin I change to javelin in my hand and aim for that goblin as he is readying himself to face Cleon's charge.

[Power throw]

That's the only skill that I have got from practice javelin throwing with the old man Phalces. It give a big boost to damage and critical chance but also decrease the accuracy. It's best use in short range and against un-defend opponent. I hold back the javelin and wait for a chance to strike. After Cleon smashed into the  Goblin line to his surprise he was actually throw back by the big goblin, once he fall on the ground with his ass the big goblin  step up to deliver the final blow. The moment that goblin lower his shield is when my javelin go loose from my hand.

"Woooosssh" 

Critical hit!

You deal 200 damage to the Goblin[Elite].

The javelin log into the shoulder of the Goblin[Elite], He scream in pain. His HP bar now only have about more than half left.
- Arghh, Human, you are so dead.

Even so he didn't move from his spot but fall back in line with his minions. Have to say that I didn't expect that Goblin to be so smart but it seem that he didn't figure out who is the one attack him. Maybe it's because my equipment is too strange here, they probably have never seen an infantry who carry javelin, big shield, spear and a sword at the same time and because after throw the javelin I switch back to my spear so all of us look like bunches of infantry. Confusing, the goblin unable to find out the attack and retreat.

- Human, sneaky, hiding attacker.

He now thinking that the one attacked him is hiding somewhere? Great, at least Cleon is safe now as he able to stand up after the goblin eat that javelin. And because of the sudden attack that hit the Goblin[Elite] the normal goblin once again panic which allow the rest of our group kill 5 of them right off the bat. 

Now it has become 10 vs 15 which is quite equal in strength as long as the Goblin[Elite] not going to the front. Notice that the one who throw the javelin to save his life is me, Cleon turn and nod as he charge straight to the  Goblin[Elite] again.

"Fuk, is he fearless or just a fool? Or maybe he want to create a chance for me to kill that Goblin[Elite] with javelin?" Well he is the most experienced one here since this is the third time he is in an expedition which is why he was given the command of our group so I really hope that he isn't just a fool.

- Human, you really want to die? 

Annoy be the one who almost dead just a few second a go dare to charge him again the Goblin[Elite] attention turn toward Cleon again. This time Cleon wasn't throw back so no space for me to throw javelin as I fear I might hit Cleon.

Both Cleon and the goblin strike at the same time and both hit the target. This is crazy, a trade hit? Cleon HP have gone by half while the Goblin now have about 250 HP left.

This is bad, Cleon can't take another hit like that. But to my surprise the moment I almost rush toward him Cleon swing his shield and active the skill

[Shield Bash]

The skill only take away 10 HP of the goblin but the most important of the skill is the stun effect of 3 second combine with the bonus of the Hoplon shield which actually make the goblin stun for 5 second. Without a single second delay I switch over the javelin and use my best skill on it again.

[Power throw]

You deal 150 damage to the Goblin[Elite].
You have cause bleeding effect on the Goblin[Elite].

Shit! No crit! Why? it still have 90 HP left while I run out of the javelin. I run straight to Cleon.

- Let's hold it back together. It's bleeding. If we can land a hit on it it's as good as dead. "Cleon tell me"
- Agree.

The Goblin[Elite] scream in pain and this time it know that I am the one who cause the pain. It's eyes become bloodshot and throw off it's spear and shield it reach it's back bought up a big club and start to attack furiously on me. Or to be more correct on my shield 

You recieved 50 damage.

You recieved 50 damage.

You recieved 50 damage.

Fuk! What the hell is this? 3 hit already take away 150 HP? even while I have a shield? I only have 250 HP in total that mean 2 more hits and I am gone.

Luckily Cleon step in and hold his shield in place to stop the Goblin from attack me any further but I also notice that his situation isn't much better than me. Even with total focus on defend his HP also go down at rapid rate that if it's continue any longer both of us will end up as dead bodies.

In desperate, I switch to the sword and jump to the side of Cleon then rush straight to right flank of that goblin. With shield in my left and sword on my right I turn and slash my sword on the Goblin's leg.

You deal 30 damage to the Goblin[Elite].
But this time the Goblin swing it's big club in wide arc and as it hit Cleon's shield, he was throw back 5 meters and the club continue to hit my shield which again cost me another 50 HP. Just one more hit and I am dead. There is a grin on the goblin face and it raise the club high and swing it down on my spot.

That's the first time in my life I feel fear, the actually fear of meeting the end of your life. I never have experience anything like that before even through I have been in fight that may cost my life before. May be it's because the one who going to take my life isn't look like human. But in the deep of my fear there's something that calling for me. I am not actually sure what is that but I guess that is what we called "will to live" and with that calling I was able to break free from my fear and roll to the side. Ultimately avoid the blow that was gonna cost me my life.

- Human, stand still.

Then die? no thanks, mister Goblin. That's when I notice that the goblin heath have run so low only 25 HP left but the bleeding effect is gone which mean I have to land another hit to kill him. Without a choice as I still lying on the ground I roll again but this time toward the goblin that running toward me instead which cause him to trip on my own body and fall down on the ground. At the same time I stand up and stab on the back of Goblin[Elite]. Effectively ending his life.

You killed Goblin[Elite]. You received 1000 exp.
No shit! 1000 exp from the elite mob. So I only need 1500 more exp to get to lv 3. But the battle is far from over, there are still 14 goblin left vs us 10 but the luck is on our side, the moment that Goblin[Elite] drop dead the rest of them fall into state of panic again and this time we are able to effortlessly kill them all. I am able to snatch another kill which earn me another 150 exp.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Followers

Follow The Author